Step 1. At least 5 - 45 days before the expiry date of the working permit, the employer must submit an application for re-issuing a working permit (in case of re-issuing due to expiration of the permit). The organization prepares dossiers in accordance with the law and submits at PAA (No. 5, Nguyen Trai street, Lien Bao ward, Vinh Yen city, Vinh Phuc province) or via the internet.
* If apply at PAA: the civil servant receives and checks the file: If the application is complete and valid, write an appointment letter for the payer; if the dossiers are incomplete or invalid, guide the payer to complete as regulated.
* If apply via the internet: the civil servants access the electronic software (address: http://dvc.vieclamvietnam.gov.vn) to receive and check the records. At the same time, the information of the applicant submitting the dossier via the Internet shall be included in the software of PAA:
+ If the dossier is complete and valid, transfer the appointment letter on the software to the payer (included in the software).
+ If the dossier is not enough or invalid, return the dossier (steps included in the software).
Step 3. PAA hands over the dossier or sends via the internet (for the online dossier) to the Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs Service for appraisal.
Step 4. Within 3 working days from the date of receiving the complete application file for re-issuing a working permit, the Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs shall re-issue the working permit. In case of refusing to re-issue a working permit, a written reply shall be issued, clearly stating the reason(s).
For foreign laborers who work under a labor contract, after the foreign worker is re-issued a working permit, the employer and the foreign worker must sign the labor contract in writing in accordance with the provisions of Vietnamese labor law before the expected date of continuing the employment for the employer.
Within 5 working days from the date of signing the labor contract, the employer must send a copy of the signed labor contract to the Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs Department which has re-issued the work permit.
Step 5. PAA shall return results to organizations and individuals.
* If directly apply at PAA:
Upon receipt of the results, the organization or individual must show out the appointment note for the results and pay the fee as prescribed.
* Apply online:
- Upon receiving the results, the organization shall have to show out all original dossiers for the public servant at PAA for inspection, comparison and archival according to regulations (the Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs Department preserves the original dossiers).
- The civil servant shall return the result of the dossier receipt and examination (in accordance with the dossiers submitted via the electronic network already qualified by the specialized agency), check the appointment letter, collect charges and fees, and return results.