I. Foreign nationals and stateless persons permanently residing in Vinh Phuc who file applications for Vietnamese nationality may be permitted for naturalization in Vietnam if they satisfy the following conditions:
1. Having the full civil act capacity as prescribed by Vietnam’s laws;
2. Obeying the Constitution and laws of Vietnam; respecting the traditions, customs and practices of the Vietnamese nation;
3. Understanding Vietnamese sufficiently enough to integrate themselves into the Vietnamese community;
4. Having resided in Việt Nam for 5 years or more by the time of application for naturalization;
5. Being capable of making their livelihood in Việt Nam.
II. Those who apply for Vietnamese nationality may be permitted for naturalization in Việt Nam without having to fully meet the conditions prescribed at points 3,4 and 5 mentioned above if they fall into one of the following cases:
1. Being spouses, natural parents or natural offspring of Vietnamese citizens;
2. Having made meritorious contributions to Việt Nam’s national construction and defense;
3. Being helpful to the State of the Socialist Republic of Việt Nam.
III. Persons naturalized in Việt Nam shall renounce their foreign nationality, except for those defined in Clause 2 of this Article in special cases, if so permitted by the President.
IV. Persons applying for Vietnamese nationality must have Vietnamese names. These names may be selected by the applicants.
V. Persons applying for Vietnamese nationality may not be permitted for naturalization if such naturalization is detrimental to Việt Nam’s national.