- Step 1: The investor submits the dossier specified in Clause 1, Article 33 of the Investment Law at PAA to transfer to the Department of Planning and Investment.
- Step 2: The Department of Planning and Investment sends a dossier of appraisal opinions of state agencies related to the contents specified in Clause 3, Article 30 of Decree 118/2015 / ND-CP.
- Step 3: The consulted agency has the opinion of appraising contents under its state management and sending to the investment registration agency.
The land administration agency is responsible for providing the map extract; planning management agencies provide planning information as a basis for appraisal.
- Step 4: The Department of Planning and Investment prepares appraisal report and submits it to provincial People's Committee. Contents of evaluation report include:
+ Information about the project: information on investors, objectives, scale, location, progress of project implementation;
+ Assessing the satisfaction of investment conditions for foreign investors (for projects with investment objectives under conditional investment for foreign investors);
+ Assessing the compatibility of investment projects with the overall socio-economic development planning, branch development planning and land use planning; assess the socio-economic impacts and efficiency of the project;
+ Evaluation of investment incentives and conditions for investment incentives (for investment projects eligible for investment incentives);
+ For projects that require the State to allocate or lease land, allow the change of land use purpose: appraise land use needs, conditions for land allocation, land lease and permission to change land use purposes according to the law on land.
+ For projects that do not require the State to allocate land, lease land, allow the change of land use purpose: assess the legal basis of investors' right to use investment locations (assessing investors whether or not to use investment locations in accordance with civil law and land law).
+ Evaluation of technology used in investment projects for projects specified at Point b, Clause 1, Article 32 of the Investment Law.
- Step 5: Upon receiving the dossier and appraisal report, the provincial-level People's Committee shall decide the investment policy, in case of refusal, it must notify in writing and clearly state the reason. The decision of investment policy sent to the Ministry of Planning and Investment, Department of Planning and Investment and investors.
* For investment projects with investment capital of VND 5,000 billion or more specified in Clause 2, Article 31 of the Investment Law in accordance with the planning already approved by competent authorities outside the IP, EPZ, and IPs , EZ, when obtaining appraisal opinions according to Step 2, in addition to obtaining opinions of competent state agencies defined in Clause 3, Article 30 of Decree 118/2015 / NĐ-CP, Department of Planning and Investment sends dossiers of appraisal opinions of the Ministry of Planning and Investment. In Step 5, the provincial People's Committee decides investment policy when receiving appraisal report of the Department of Planning and Investment. Other steps and content follow general procedures.