No. 38, Nguyen Trai – Dong Da ward- Vinh Yen town
Tel: 0211.3861169; Fax: 0211.3861743;
A. MEMBERS OF PROVINCIAL PEOPLE’S COMMITTEE
Chairman: Nguyễn Văn Trì
Deputy Chairman: Nguyen Van Chuc
Tel: 0211.3789.135 Email: email@example.com
Deputy Chairman: Le Duy Thanh
Tel: 0211.3716.268 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Chairman: Vu Chi Giang
Tel: 0211.3656.269 Email: email@example.com
B. FUNCTIONS, TASKS
I. In the economic field:
1. To make the general plan of developing socio-economy, branches, urban and rural areas within management scale; establishing the long-term and annual plans of developing the provincial socioeconomic submitting to the people’s committee for approval, then Government to ratify
2. To participate with the central departments and branches in the economic zoning; to plan the programs, projects of the central departments, branches over provincial area; to hold and supervise the implementation of tasks in the programs, projects assigned.
3. To plan the State budget record forecast at provincial area; to plan the forecast of the local budget’s incomings and outgoings; to form the budget forecast allocation project of provincial level then submit the people’s committee with the same level for decision; to establish the local budget adjustment forecast in the necessary instance; to settle the local budget then submit the people’s committee at the same level for consideration as stipulated by the law.
4. To direct, inspect the tax office and office assigned by State to collect the budget at the locality as stipulated by law.
5. To form the project of collecting fees, charges, people’s contribution items and capital mobilization levels to submit the people’s committee for decision.
6. To establish the project of distributing the construction investment expenses of the local socioeconomic infrastructure project under law stipulations to submit the people’s committee for decision; to hold, direct the implementation of the project after being approved by the people’s committee.
7. To plan the finance reservation fund according to the law stipulations submitting the people’s committee at the same level and report to the superior financial office. 8. To implement the right of representing the owner of the State’s share capital part in the enterprises and the right of representing the owner of land at area according to the legal stipulations.
II. In the fields of agriculture, forestry, pisciculture, irrigation and land:
1. To direct, inspect the implementation of project, the development plan of agriculture, forestry, pisciculture, irrigation; programs of encouraging agricultural, forestry, fishery expansion; to promote production and preserve cultivated crops, livestock in the area;
2. To direct the performance and inspect the production, usage of variety of crops, livestock, cattle-feed, pesticide, fertilizer, veterinary drug and biological products served agriculture;
3. To establish the project, plan of land utilization to submit the people’s committee with the same level for approval before submitting Government for confirmation; to approve the project, plan of land utilization of the direct subordinate People’s committee; to decide the land allocation, revocation, hire, solving the land conflicts; to inspect the land management, utilization and other tasks as stipulated by laws.
4. To direct the implementation and inspect the afforestation, preservation of watershed, dedicated forest, protective forest as plan; to hold logging under Government stipulation; to direct the implementation and inspect the cultivation, catch, processing and protection of aquatic resources;
5. To direct the implementation and inspect the exploitation of water resources; to build, exploit, preserve the medium and small irrigation works; to manage, protect the dike system, the flood prevention works; to direct and mobilize the force of preventing and surmounting the consequences of the natural calamity in the area.
III. In the fields of industry, small and handicraft industry:
1. To establish a project, plan of developing industry, small and handicraft industry of the province; to organize the State management with enterprises of industry, small handicraft industry in the area within the competence;
2. To organize the performance of the industrial development programs and projects, to build and develop the industrial zones, the export processing zones, the economic zones under the plans approved; to direct, inspect the construction, development of industrial cluster, commerce, service, tourism and traditional branches, careers, craft villages on the province scale; to promote the foundations of processing agricultural, forest products and seafood and other industrial bases;
3. To organize the implementation of preserving non-exploitation mineral resources at the area; to hold and inspect the artisanal mining at the area.
IV. In the transportation field:
1. To direct, inspect the construction and implementation of planning, the development project of the provincial transportation network suitably with the general outline of planning and development of the central transportation program; 2. To organize the management of the urban traffic works, the inland roads and waterways in localities as stipulated by laws;
3. To organize the performance of inspecting, apprising the safe technology of the mechanical transport means of inland roads and waterways; to inspect and issue the circulation license for vehicle, the transport means of inland waterways and driving license as stipulated by laws;
4. To organize, direct the inspection, protection assignments of the traffic works and to ensure the traffic safety in the provincial area.
V. In the fields of the urban construction, management and development:
1. To organize the establishment, submission or approval of the urban, district construction plans within the competence at the provincial area; to manage architecture, constructions, construction-land according to the approved plan; to ratify the investment plans, projects of construction works within the competence; to manage the assignment of construction and issuing the construction license at the provincial area.
2. To manage the investment, exploitation, utilization of the urban tehnical infrastructure works, urban area, the rural population points; to manage the implementation of policies related to housing, land-living; to manage the fund of accommodation owned by State, assigned by Government
3. To do planning, the development scheme of construction materials; to manage the exploitation and production, trading in the construction materials in the provincal area within the competence.
VI. In the fields of commerce, service and tourism:
1. To set up a plan, a scheme for developing the network of commerce, service, tourism ; to instruct, arrange the netowrk of commerce, service, tourism in the area ; to take part in the international cooperation of commerce, service, tourism as stipulated by laws ;
2. To issue, revoke the license of tourism businesses, tourist areas, tourism points, hotels, inland travel in province as stipulated by laws.
3. To organize the import-export management under the law regulations; to direct the assignment of market control;
4. To stipulate rules of safety and hygiene for activities of the commerce, service, tourism;
5. To organize the inspection, examination of executing the legal regulations about activities of the commerce, service, tourism;
VII. In the fields of education and training:
1. To take the State management of the various types of the assigned schools, classes in the provincal area ; to directly manage the teachers’ colleges, the technical secondary schools, the junior secondary schools, the cultural continuation schools ; to educate, cultivate a staff of the provincial teachers with the qualifications of the teachers’college and below ; to allow to establish private schools as stipulated by laws;
2. To manage and inspect the implementation of the teacher standards, examination regulations and degree issue as stipulated by laws.
3. To implement the inspection, examination of education and training assignments at the area as stipulated by laws.
VIII. In the fields of culture, information and sport:
1. To take the State management of activities of culture, information, advertisment, press, publishing, sporting under the law regulations ; to hold and manage the provincial non-business units of culture, information, sport, broadcast, telecast;
2. To organize or authorize to hold exhibition, fairs, international and national cultural, sporting activities in the whole province;
3. To direct and organize the implementation of protecting, restoring, preserving the cultural, historic relics, beauty spots and landscapes, works of culture and arts according to the competence; to instruct to establish the civilized lifestyle, families of culture;
4. To inspect, prevent the deal and circulation of the reactionary, depraved books, newspapers and cultural products.
IX. In the fields of health and society:
1. To manage activities of the provincial medical units and to issue the license of practiceing the private pharmaceuticals, medicine;
2. To direct and inspect the organization of implementing methods of population health’s care; to protect, take care of old people, disable people, homeless orphans; protect, take care for mothers and children; to implement the population policy and birth-control;
3. To direct and inspect the performance of the preferential policy, assisting and taking care for the wounded soldiers, sick soldiers, martyr families, people and families with their special contribution for country;
4. To perform the plan, measure of employing labour and solving labor relations; to resolve the employment, appoint population in the whole province;
5. To implement the policy of labour safety, social insurance, social relief, poverty alleviation; population living standard improvement; to instruct the performance of humanitarian, charitable work; to preserve and resist the social evils and diseases at the local area.
X. In the fields of science, technology, resources and environment:
1. To direct and inspect the implementation of the specific plans and missions of developing science, technology and preserve environment; to perform the incentive methods of researching, promoting the technical improvement initiative, applying the scientific and technological advances for production and life;
2. To direct and inspect the implementation of management and utilization methods of land, forests and mountains, rivers and streams, water resource, underground resources, benefit sources of the local territorial waters as stipulated by laws;
3. To manage the science research programs, subjects at provincial level or assigned by the higher authorities; to manage technological mutation activities, to attend to the State survey about technology of the important investment projects in the local area;
4. To direct, hold the implementation and inspect of environment improvement, preservation work; to prevent, resist, surmount consequences of natural calamity, flood, environment recession, environment pollution and define the responsibility of environment solution for the organization and individual as stipulated by laws;
5. To direct, inspect, verify the implementation of law regulations about measure standard and product quality; safety and radiation control; industrial ownership; executing policies, laws of science, technology and environment preservation at the local area; to prevent the fake production, circulation and do consumer protection.
XI. In the fields of national defence, security, social safety and order:
1. To ensure political security, social order and safety; to establish police force; to direct the assignment of preventing, resisting crime, corruption, smuggling and commercial fraud; to protect the State secret; to form mass movement for defending social security, order and safety; to manage and inspect the transportation, utilization of weapons, bombs, inflammable, poison, radioactive substance; to manage the special businesses as stipulated by laws;
2. To direct, inspect the implementation of the law regulations related to management of population, residence and travel of foreigners in the local area;
3. To perform methods of establishing people’s defense armed forces; to direct the whole people defense education for population and at schools in the provincial area; to hold, direct the implementation of plan forming the province to be the firm defense area; to direct the establishment and fight-action of local troops, militiamen; to direct and inspect the implementation of conscription laws; to form the reserve force encouraging and conscripting if necessary, meet the demands of province and country in any situation;
4. To direct, organize the implementation of the army ordnance task on the premises, military rear policy and policy for the people’s armed force at the local area; to perform the cooperation of defense, security and economy and vice versa; to organize management, protection of defense works and military areas in the whole province.
XII. In the implementation of the nationality and religion policies:
1. To hold, direct, inspect the implementation of laws and nationality policy; To hold, direct the implementation of methods ensuring conditions of improving material and spiritual life; to upgrade intellectual standards of ethnic minority, people at the remote mountainous areas and areas with special difficulties;
2. To ensure the right of equality among nationalities, conserve, enhance the solidarity and assist each other by nationalities in the local area;
3. To plan and organize the implementation of the provincial programs, projects for areas of ethnic minority, at the remote mountainous areas and areas with special difficulties;
4. To consider and solve the submission of restoring works of worship, faith, religion of the local people under the law regulations; to treat the action of violating the freedom of belief, religion or , religion liberty, imposing belief, religion on breaking the law, the State’s policy as stipulated by laws.
XIII. In the field of executing laws:
1. To hold, direct and inspect the implementation of constitutions, laws, legal normative acts of higher State authorities and resolutions of people council of the same level; to organize the implementation of legal propaganda, education at the local area;
2. To direct the implementation of methods protecting property of offices, organizations, protecting life, freedom, honor, human dignity, poverty, other rights and benefits of people;
3. To hold, direct the state inspection work, organize receiving people, and solve people’s complaint, denunciation and petition as stipulated by laws.
4. To hold, direct the judgment execution at the local area as stipulated by laws;
5. To hold, direct the management of births, deaths and marriages; to perform assignment of notarizing, assessing judiciary, manage counsel organization and legal consultant as stipulated by laws;
6. To hold registering, managing births, deaths and marriages with foreign elements.
XIV. About the goverment establishment and administrative boder management:
1. To hold, direct the implementation of electing members of Congress, people council as stipulated by laws;
2. To set up the project of establishing specialized authorities belonging to People’s committee under the government instruction, submitting the People council for decision;
3. To stipulate for organizing an apparatus of government, specific rights and tasks of specialized authorities under the People’s committee of the same level;
4. To decide the establishment of units of the non-business, the public service based on plan and instruction of the state authorities within competence; to take the State management for central authorities, organizations, units located at the whole province;
5. To allow establishing, dissolving, equitizing the State enterprises; to issue, revoke license of establishing enterprises, firms; to allow domestic economic organizations to set up representative offices, branches operating at the provincial area as stipulated by laws;
6. To allow forming associations; to manage, instruct and inspect the establishment and operation of associations as stipulated by laws;
7. To decide distributing the target of administration, non-business workforce for the directly under units and People’s committee of district; to direct, inspect the implementation of the self-control mechanism, to take responsibility for tasks, finance and organization of the non-business units according to the Government's decentralized administration;
8. To organize training and re-training staffs of the State and commune ranking cadres, civil services, to improve the knowledge of the State management for delegates of district, commune People council under the Government instruction;
9. To set up the project of newly establishing, merging, dividing, adjusting administrative border submitting the People council of same level for approval to refer to competent levels for consideration and decision;
10. To direct and inspect the management of documents, landmark and map of administrative border of province and provincial administrative units;
11. To make the plan of giving or changing names of roads, streets, squares, public works in the province, submitting The People council for consideration and decision.
XV. The Province People’s committee fulfils the rights and obligations:
Stipulated at articles: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, XIII and XIV and as follow:
1. To organize the implementation of methods of promoting the socio-economic central role of big city in the relationship with localities in the area, region and country according to the Government’s decentralization;
2. To direct, organize the implementation of projects for constructing the urban infrastructure works; to make an overall plan for the urban construction and development, submitted the People council for approval to refer to Government’s decision;
3. To fulfill the policy, method of creating finance source, mobilizing capital for the urban development; to build and united manage the premise of the urban technical infrastructure as stipulated by laws;
4. To directly manage the fund of urban land; the utilization of urban land fund supported the construction of the urban technical infrastructure as stipulated by laws;
5. To manage urban housing; to manage the business of accommodation; to use the State owned housing fund of city’s to promote the urban accommodation; to direct and inspect the law execution of the accommodation construction at urban area;
6. To instruct, arrange the network of commerce, service, and urban tourism;
7. To make plan and solution of employment; to prevent, eliminate the social evils as regulations of laws;
8. To organize, direct the implementation of population management methods and organization of urban population life;
9. To organize, direct the implementation of tasks of ensuring the public order, traffic safety, resisting traffic jam; to prevent, fight fire, explosion, to preserve environment and urban landscape.